- From September 2010 the early years free entitlement increased to 15 hours per week over 38 weeks in a year. Settings are not expected to meet the requirements of each individual parent and Surrey County Council is able to provide a list of alternate settings where just the free entitlement is available.
- Funding will be payable on hours of attendance and not per session. Parents were asked how they would like to access the free entitlement and the majority (82%) favoured over 5 days.
- Sunflowers Nursery at Staines Preparatory School is open for 36 weeks per year and our morning session runs from 08:30 to 12:00 or 08:30 to 13:00 with lunch. The free entitlement session will run from 08:45 to 11:45, within the morning session.
- The afternoon session runs from 13:00 to 15:20. There are no free entitlement sessions in the afternoons.
- Parents may choose to take less than 15 hours per week. The minimum attendance is 3 mornings from 08:30 to 12:00 and this can be changed at the end of each half term. Parents will be asked to indicate their provisional requirements at the time of registration (see above). This should then be confirmed at the final confirmation stage, just before joining.
- Surrey County Council will advise the value of the funding and our invoices will show the balance of fees payable at the start of each term. Parents will be required to complete an initial registration for funding followed by a termly parental declaration form for Surrey County Council. Funding is available from the term after the child turns 3, and for 6 terms until the term in which the child turns 5.