Expectations for pupil
- Follow the Staines Prep Way at all times and be a role model to others in doing this.
- Be involved in a range of clubs to extend learning and develop skills.
- Represent the school/perform at events throughout the year.
- Demonstrate an exceptional ability in the core subject areas.
- Demonstrate excellent effort in all areas of the curriculum.
- Reference required from current Head for external applicants only.
Retaining the scholarship
- Perform at the top of the year group in all academic subjects – shown through effort grades and attainment levels.
- Approach all areas of school life with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Uphold behavioural standards.
- Participate in all whole school challenges/ competitions e.g. reading challenge, fundraising challenge etc.
Assessment (Stage 1)
- Writing task
- Comprehension task
- Maths task
Interview (Stage 2)
- Interview with a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Tour with Head Boy/Head Girl (external applicants only)
- Option to show a portfolio of independent work during interview